Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chambord


If you read my previous post, you know I am working my way through my Dad's liqueurs, which he gave me as part of his efforts to downsize. Now I need to downsize too. Choosing the first bottle was a no-brainer: Chambord.

Chambord is a raspberry-flavored liqueur that comes in a very fancy bottle that's shaped like a sphere. It takes up a lot of space, and our bottle had only a few ounces left. Plus, I love raspberry.

First we tried a Chamtini: 1 oz vodka and 2/3 oz Chambord in a chilled martini glass. I thought it was delicious. It tasted like a raspberry lollipop. My husband was not a fan. He says it tasted too much like Chambord. (Too delicious?)

Instead, he fixed himself a French Manhattan: 1 1/2 oz bourbon, 1/2 oz dry vermouth, 2 teaspoons Chambord. It was awful and he threw it out.

He settled on a Chamtini with gin instead of vodka. He said that muted the Chambord nicely, and he enjoyed it. I liked the vodka Chamtini much better. But I really enjoyed throwing the empty bottle into the recycle bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment